ServiceNow Shared Services
Department: Texas A&M Information Technology
Program Overview: ServiceNow IT service management software is being deployed by Texas A&M IT for The Texas A&M University System. Texas A&M ServiceNow overview
Benefits: Improve quality and efficiency of IT service delivery.
Sponsor: Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Project Partners: Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Business Computing Services - A&M System, Texas A&M University at College Station - Division of Student Affairs, Enterprise Information Systems, Instructional Media Services, Instructional Technology Services, Open Access Labs, Texas A&M IT, Dwight Look College of Engineering, Texas Transportation Institute.
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is an enterprise IT service management tool, which is consistent with the ITIL framework and facilitates greater emphasis on relationships with customers. It tracks the handling of issues and requests, automates business processes, enables gathering and sharing information within the organization and with end users, and provides robust monitoring and reporting capabilities. Texas A&M Information Technology is deploying ServiceNow as a shared service for stakeholders in The Texas A&M University System.
When fully implemented, ServiceNow delivers the following modules:
- Incident Management – handling and resolving events that disrupt or reduce service quality or customer productivity.
- Problem Management – diagnosing, resolving and preventing root causes of incidents.
- Service Catalog/Request Management – delivering offered services using business processes to fulfill requests.
- Employee Self-Service – enabling customers to report issues or make requests through a user-friendly web portal.
- Knowledge Management – making available common issues information to the entire organization to enable knowledge-based support.
- Change Management – coordinating and controlling changes to minimize risks to the IT environment.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Lite – providing an information repository of all IT assets and their relationships.
More modules will be available for subsequent releases.
Why implement ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is an industry-leading IT service management system used by many companies and universities. It provides the framework for IT organizations to attain higher levels of customer satisfaction, improve operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Offering a shared enterprise service will:
- Allow retiring redundant legacy tools.
- Assist standardizing of IT policies, processes and procedures across the A&M System.
What A&M System units are implementing ServiceNow?
The Shared Service Partners are:
- Texas A&M Information Technology, Texas A&M University
- Instructional Technology Services, Texas A&M University
- Division of Student Affairs, Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University at Galveston
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Texas A&M Dwight Look College of Engineering
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
- A&M System Business Computing Services
- Texas Transportation Institute
Where can I learn more about ServiceNow?
Contact Texas A&M IT at 979.847.4877 or email@example.com for more information.